Re: Xandros review

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 04:20 PM, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 14:47, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>> And the more I use Xandros, the more I like it as "the distro your
>> mother could

[...]

> I haven't run any of the new desktop-oriented distros, but I can tell
> you who the clear winner is in terms of cooperation and coordination of
> effort within the open source community: Lindows.  I can tell you this
> from past personal experience.  They and Progeny are literally the only
> Debian-based distros who have expressed their presence positively in
> any
> significant way to Debian.
>
> Not only that, but their CEO has a good track record of doing
> successful
> cool stuff.  That's more than I can say for the others.

I'll second that - Lindows is really nice to just slap on a system and
have something that Just Works.  I know that it's the distro that my
sister can use, though I'm not sure about my mother.  I don't think she
every used it during the brief time I had it installed on her computer
(mostly for hardware testing purposes).

--Danny, somewhat off-topic and somewhat late-to-the-thread :)