forcing no lookups on certain zones

i'd like to restrict my name servers from attempting lookups on rfc1918
addresses. since this just puts traffic out to other nameservers and
creates wasted cycles by not only my server, but others as well.
i had originally thought of holding a lookup for each zone however even
with $GENERATE, the files got to be quite large.
is there a manner of setting my server up to think it is master for these
zones, but prevents the actual queries, or doesnt require the server to
load in zone entries for each rfc1918 ip address?

thank you