Re: printing perldocs

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 04:29 PM, mike808@users.sourceforge.net
wrote:

>> Is there an easier way to print out my perl documentation
>
> pod2html. Check out what ActiveState has done in this area.
> They use a nice stylesheet, or you can use your own the same way they
> did.
>
> There's also the Camel book. And the Cookbook. And the ...
> See http://perl.oreilly.com/
> Also, Manning has some nice Perl books. I don't know if anyone
> has a dead-tree version of the CPAN documentation.

I've got all of the O'Reilly perl books (and a few Manning books -
they're pretty decent too, I like and even recommend their "OO Perl"
book).  They look pretty on the shelf (except for the cookbook, which
is kinda beat up from overuse).  Unfortunately, they don't cover most
of the CPAN modules that don't come with out-of-the-box perl, and the
documentation inside's not real easily updated either.  By golly, I can
certainly write my own modules and document them now, though... :)

Initially, I saw pod2html, but didn't use it because I don't have an
HTML filter on my lpd.  Now that I think about it, though, it seems
like it'd be relatively easy to set up something that'd render HTML
before sending it on to the printer.  It just occurred to me while
typing this, though, so I haven't done any searching.  Do any of you
have any recommendations for that type of thing (beyond google, which
is where I'm off to now)?

--Danny