Re: URGENT: sendmail update

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:14:21PM -0600, bja@illinois.dyndns.org wrote:
> Yet another reason to not use Sendmail.

At least they're actually finding the bugs before they get exploited
these days.  Plus they have some privilege separation, so an exploit
might not be as bad as it once was.

Look, we all know sendmail sucks, but I for one have no intention of
switching until the day postfix is a drop-in replacement *for my
configuration*.  It's just not worth the effort of learning something
new.  (Yes, I'm a lazy sysadmin.)  The same thing goes for BIND (which
apparently just had another security-related release, BTW).

So, to reiterate, you guys have made your point, and I'm perfectly
willing to concede on that point, but *please* drop it now.  Don't
make me start moderating any email with "postfix" in the body.  :-)

This does remind me of something (on another of those "foo sucks, use
bar" subjects)...  I recently started switching *everything* from
LPRng to CUPS.  I started having weird problems with printing on
several systems, but the box I was playing with CUPS on just worked.
So it was less work to switch than to try to solve my problem,
especially when I can still use lpr and such...  No learning curve to
do what I've always done...