OT: steves a slacker was URGENT: sendmail update

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:43:49PM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:14:21PM -0600, bja@illinois.dyndns.org wrote:
> > Yet another reason to not use Sendmail.
> Look, we all know sendmail sucks, but I for one have no intention of
> switching until the day postfix is a drop-in replacement *for my
> configuration*.  It's just not worth the effort of learning something
> new.  (Yes, I'm a lazy sysadmin.)  The same thing goes for BIND (which
> apparently just had another security-related release, BTW).

no steve your not lazy, your a slacker remember ;->

i've got to admit sendmail has gotten tons easier in the last couple of
years, i had switched to postfix two years ago at my previous job
because sendmail was "evil" and i was fed up with it, now at my new job
low and behold i have sendmail to deal with again (and there doesn't
happen to be a postfix rpm in the apt repository) but i am very
pleasantly surprised at the efforts of the sendmail team to make this
more usable, so while in part i agree with steve in his notions that
sendmail is more "powerful" and i will continue using it because it
works for me at the moment i'm still not going to stop giving him crap
about it because that would take away a lot of my fun

emacs sucks vi forever
sendmail sucks postfix forever
bind sucks well use it anyway

Bob T. Kat