Re: pppd + pam

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 11:03, Danny Sauer wrote:
>
>>--Danny, trying to find an "E-Z setup guide for linux dial-in servers
>>supporting MS clients" now...
>

> For most things, Microsoft dial-ins are the same as any other dial-ins.
> Just set the ms-dns parameter in your options file to pass on the name
> server.  Of course, you can't use CHAP.

Learned about that when setting up PoPtoP (or however the screwy
capitals go in that name)...  It worked fine with CHAP, but I think I
had to patch pppd to support ms-chap or something like that.  In this
case, though, I'm not too worried about someone sniffing the users'
phone lines - so pap oughtta be fine. :)

> If you're setting up some kind of corporate dialup, you probably want to
> look at setting up PAM for pppd to talk to the NT domain or Active
> Directory.  For the former, look at pam-smb.

It's like you read my mind. :)  I finished setting up pam-smb for the
ppp daemon a few minutes ago.  I did that because the main login server
happens to also be running samba already.  If only the nss-mysql stuff
on savannah (or sourceforge) would stabilize so I could use it in a
production environment with the already decent pam-mysql...  I dislike
LDAP for some reason.  I'm not sure why.

Thanks.
--Danny, who actualy hasn't tried nss-mysql since Nov., so it might be
better now...