PDF size problem in SQL-Ledger

Hello all,

  During my presentation at this week's meeting, I pointed out that the
PDF printout is set for a longer sheet of paper than is in the printer,
which results in the bottom of the page getting cropped off.  Well, with
the help of the developer, I was able to fix the problem.

The problem lies in pdftex, the program used to convert pdf files from the
dvi files, which is not a part of sql-ledger.  By default, it is set for
A4 size paper and 1 inch for the vertical offset and horizontal offset.
This produces a paper size of 8.27" x 11.69" for the pdf file.  All you
have to do is change the pdftex.cfg file to the correct measurements:

in /usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg change the following lines to
these values:

page_width 8.5truein
page_height 11truein
horigin 1truein
vorigin 0.3truein

The 'horigin' and 'vorigin' values set the offset of the page origin from
the top-left corner of the paper.  Since the dvi file origin and the pdf
file origin are different corners of the page, an offset must be used to
tweek the text placement on the page.  These settings allowed me to print
a postscript and pdf page directly from sql-ledger and have them come out
the printer looking identical in every way.

I hope this helps...

Aaron Cronkright
aaron@cronkright.com