Re: [DISCUSS] MDK9.1 CD1 - no good burn yet

> I'm not sure, how do you md5sum your burned cd's?  Every method I've
> tried has come out with the wrong checksum and I'm using cdrecord from
> the command line on a HP Cd-Writer 9600 SCSI drive.

Ahh. The secret is in using a 2K block size.
I run the below script passing in the ISO I want to check against.
I manually check the file against the published checksums.

#!/bin/sh
CDROM_DEV=/dev/cdrom
file=$1
file=${file:?}
# Calculate the size in 2K blocks
block_count=`wc -c <$file`
block_count=`expr $block_count / 2048`
# Calculate the md5sum
dd if=$CDROM_DEV bs=2048 count=$block_count | md5sum

Mike808/