Re: Linux plus XP

Erich Schroeder wrote:
> Later today I'll be doing my first installation on a machine to
> dual-boot with XP. Anyone know of any particular gotchas I should worry
> about? It'll be RH 9.

Ben replied:
> I installed XP first and left empty space for Linux.

This is critical unless RH9 now includes a partition resizer for XP
partitions. In November, Xandros was the first and only distro to include
this feature out-the-box. I think SuSE 8.1 now has it as well.

The ability to resize an XP partition during install is crucial if you
are on a system where the slathered XP over the entire disk.

Mike808/