Re: OT: Job Posting (in Carbondale area)

Whoops, I forgot the rest of this.. appended below.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Kara Pritchard wrote:

> Email me off-line if interested..
>
> Company Location:  Main office in Sparta Illinois, operational offices in
> Carterville and Fairview Heights Illinois.
>
> Job Position:  Computer Service Technician in Carterville office, 10 miles
> east of Carbondale.
>
> Personal Qualifications:  Prospective candidates must have the ability to
> learn and adapt quickly to the keep pace with rapidly changing
> communication technology.   The ability to deal with multiple customers,
> trouble shooting skills, good communications skills and time management
> are all key to success.  Individual must be willing and able to commit to
> the time and scheduling requirements of the service industry.
>
> This position is responsible for: monitoring and providing first tier
> level technical support for Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000
> Server, Linux and UNIX platforms.
>
> The qualified candidate for this position will possess 2-3 years
> experience in a fast paced technical operations/ support environment and a
> client-server background. Should be experienced with common forms of
> electronic data transfer methods (FTP) and server based applications
> including Symantec pcAnywhere, Symantec Norton Antivirus, McAfee Virus
> Scan, IIS, Windows Load Balancing and MS Office. Should be experienced in
> telephony and network infrastructure components such as T-1s, network
> switches, hubs and routers.

In order to perform this job which is responsible for all phases of
operating the computer to meet established production schedules, an
individual should demonstrate excellent communication skills, be customer
service oriented, have an ability to multi-task and be able to understand
new technologies quickly.

Required Technical Experience:

Working knowledge and experience of the configuration and troubleshooting
of Cisco networking devices.

Experience using HP OpenView Operations in both proactive and reactive
environments.

Network trouble shooting experience using one or more of the following
systems - Cisco Works, NetScout Real Time Monitor Suite, and Aglient
Sniffer Suite.

In depth knowledge of various protocols at the packet interpretation level
including TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.

Working knowledge and experience with standard network architectures -
TCP/IP, SNA, and OSI.

Working knowledge and experience with Ethernet (Fast and Gigabyte), Token
Ring, and FDDI.

Working knowledge and experience with technologies - Frame Relay, ISDN,
Analog, T1-T3, VoIP, ATM, RAS, and Wireless.

Working knowledge and experience with cabling system standards - Category
5, fiber, etc.

Knowledge of router and switched networking.

Manufacturing process exposure a plus.

Knowledge of NT Advance Server, UNIX/AIX, and Windows platforms.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/