Re: LUCI Meeting Question

mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote ..

> The certificate used for your server *must* have one of two things embedded
> into it for the client to allow an SSL connection to be established with
> the server. They are: hostname or IP.
>
> Thus, a certificate for www.vhost2.com will NOT work for www.vhost3.com.
>
> What you do is to generate server certificates for each of your hosts.
>
> In your httpd.conf, within each virtual host block, specify the specific
> SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile for that virtual host.
>
> You may also want to specify separate SSLMutex and SSLLog files.

Thanks for the help Mike. This is a eye opener and sounds as though this may be exactly what my problem is. I can't wait to get to the house and give it a shot.

You've layed out my evening. This may sound simple to anyone else but it is my experience that as a newbie, I will spend hours going down the path you've led me to. :-)

It's amazing how it's fun though.

I turn off the tv because it distracts me from my config files. :-)

--John