Re: configure apt-get to ignore packages

> however I compile Apache with modssl and php by hand, and I would rather not
> use the rpm packages for these since I also compile in FrontPage Extensions.

Since you're building them by hand, you may want to check out
'checkinstall'. It can automagically build an RPM from the "make install"
point (i.e. after ./configure).

Then you install the RPM you just built. Make sure you customize the
version i.e. "apache-1.3.27-gaucho1". Now RPM "knows" you have at least
apache 1.3.27 installed.

Checkinstall is great for "rpm-izing" those situations when only a hand job
will do.

Mike808/
Procrastinate
now!