Re: wireless products

Avoid YDI products.  They don't work well, and their tech people are,
from what I can tell, idiots.  Their Linux driver wouldn't work for me
(or anyone), so I contacted them.  If you've seen anything in a comedy
movie, or something like "Hackers" / "The Net", you've seen teh
fixing it" directions that were actually just a bunch of non-related
technical terms strung together into one sentence.  Things like
"defragment the DMZ collector crystal to avoid segfault harmonic RIMMs".
  On top of that, they started spamming me at the address through which
I contacted tech suport.  I asked them *twice* to remove me from their
mailing list, and was told twice that they had - but kept getting spam
from them.  Now, ydi.com is blocked from all mail servers that I have
control over.

Anyway, I've had good luck with CCA Online's [802.11] wireless service
in Lincoln.  I'm using a Lucent wavelan-based card (ORL or ODI or
something like that), an old Slackware install and an omnidirectional
antenna with very good results.  I'm just a client, though, so the big
equipment setup isn't something I was involved with.  They've [cca] been
pretty helpful, though, and might be willing to offer some advice if you
contact them.  They're Linux-based, which is usually a good sign. :)

--Danny