Re: Insight Broadband

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 14:28, Chad Fendt wrote:
> Hello,  I have recently moved to IL and am trying to
> get my cable internet setup with InsightBB.  They seem
> to not be very Linux friendly.  Does anyone on the list
> have experience setting up a Linux box on the InsightBB
> network?  Right now I have a Windows machine using the
> cable modem, but I would like to eventually setup
> a router/firewall and allow the two machines to share the
> connection.

I have Insight, but not in Illinois.  (I'm in the Indianapolis area.)  I
didn't seem to have all the trouble everyone else had, though; this may
have been because it was @Home at the time, and also because I got a
tech that was Linux-friendly.

I have a Linux router box connected directly to the cable modem that
routes for my internal wired and wireless networks.  My current setup is
basically DHCP.  I don't have any fancy proxy settings or anything.  I
route my own mail to an independent box over a VPN, so I may be
uninformed regarding E-mail problems.  I've also used Insight's news
server with success.

Hope this helps.
--
Jeff Licquia <jeff@licquia.org>