Re: Insight Broadband

--- mike808 <mike808@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > However at this point, Insight try and insert proxy settings into your
> > browser, so you can register an email account, and finish the install.
> > If you don't register your email account you don't get a connection it
> > seems. These inserted proxy settings are designed for IE. and will not
> > work under linux, though perhaps you could enter them manually.
>
> Can you run a network sniffer and capture the "inserted proxy settings"?
>
> Mozilla understands Netscape's automatic proxy settings format.
>
> You should just have to enter the proxy server's URL into the
>
> Preferences -> Advanced -> Proxies -> Automatic Proxy Configuration URL

Unfortunately not, according to the tech it is a one time thing, which I will never have to repeat
now that I'm registered. If someone else is setting up maybe they can do it. Like I said, I got
bored and took the easy way out, then double checked what I'd done later when the lev2 tech called
me back.

=====