Re: Regards Last Nights Meeting -- Revolution OS public viewings

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 19:47, Herbie Herbert wrote:
> Interesting, I really do need to start messing more with VPN's.
> If it would be interesting for the next meeting I have the Revolution
> OS DVD's in AVI files on my laptop, I could bring them in for your
> viewing pleasure. Though I found the uncut Linus interview
> footage on the second disk, far more interesting than the actual film.
> Though I failed to catch anyones names I did pick up one or two
> interesting factoids.

Just FYI, and I'm new to the area, LUCI would probably need to negotiate
a rate with director J.T.S. Moore before having a public viewing.  He's
a really nice and fair guy, and I've pitched $5/head to him in the past
that we seemed agreeable to.

Otherwise people can always buy the DVD set.  As far as the interviews,
I agree, the Linus interview is damn good.

Let me know about a public viewing.  I'd love have an excuse to find out
how many copies of his DVD have sold.  The last time I corresponded with
him, he was still debating whether or not to produce the DVD set, since
he was uncertain if it was worth the cost if it wouldn't sell well.

-- Bryan