Re: Tonight's meeting

> "Media Linux"

Have you compared that to say, Movix? I think this project is closer to Knoppix
than MediaLinux, but has a different take, at least as I understand Knoppix'
usefulness. Not to take anything away from Knoppix or MediaLinux, kpx is a very
cool distro.

Is ML more of a "Knoppix with a media *creation* focus" distro? i.e. Gimp,
sound and video editing tools, codecs, etc.?

Movix is more of a "pseudo-Knoppix with a media *playback* focus" distro. It's
aim is to be able to pop in the boot CD into a CD/DVD drive, and then once
running, pop in your media CD/DVD and play. And that's where Knoppix' uber-cool
auto-detect/configuration would come in handy. Although Movix is not based on
Knoppix. :=(

Unfortunately, I'd like to attend, but alas, Springfield is a bit far, and I'm
going to the Cards game tonight. Will anything you present/discuss at the
meeting be online afterwards? an IRC log? the presentation? posted here?

Mike/