Re: Laptop

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 15:30, Tim Grossner wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a laptop brand/type that has
> good Linux compatibility? I am thinking of getting one and want to
> ensure I have the option of running or favorite OS.

Why not get one of those ViA C3-powered ultralights that are _designed_
with Linux in mind -- from NIC/modem/USB compatibility to suspend???
They are also ultra-low power (sub-10W) processors that are still
powerful enough (933MHz C3 =~ 600-800MHz P3/Duron class) to decode a
DVD.

They are fairly cheap, $800 for a 20GB, 128MB RAM, which is upgradeable,
of course.  They are often advertised as a "Lindows Notebook," but can
easily run Red Hat, Debian, etc...

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org  http://thebs.org