Re: Electrically Quiet Cases

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Do you know anyone who has ever filed a written complaint with the FCC alleging
> you have a non-compliant device?

Not quite, but some years ago I managed a PDP-11 which was located in a
"computer lab" built in a renovated attic of a house in a small town in
west-central Illinois.  After the PDP-11 was installed, the neighbor
complained that her reception of soap operas was badly affected, so we
ended up wrapping the machine and cables in aluminum foil. It apparently
helped, and then eventually a flood came through and the neigbors moved
out.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/