Re: Apt for RPM question, blocking certain rpms

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 14:35, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:43:54AM -0500, Erich Schroeder wrote:
> >   Well, I have a special-purpose RedHat installation in which I must not
> > install the PHP, gd-devel, and other rpm packages because they get in the
> > way of the special-purpose by muddy-ing up the versions.
>
> Assuming apt 0.5.x, put this in the RPM {} section in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf:
>
>     Hold { "^php$"; "^gd-devel$"; };

Another way to do the same thing is to add the following to
/etc/apt/preferences:

Package: foo
Version: 1.2.3-4
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: bar
Version: 5.6.7-8
Pin-Priority: 1001

Of course, repeat for all the package you want "frozen".
--
Jeff Licquia <jeff@licquia.org>