Re: Electrically Quiet Cases

I same as everyone else don't have any specs. What I do have are recommendations, I worked for HP
for a while on modular telecomm equipment and we had great fun getting modules to pass their RFI
tests. As a general rule what had to be done was.

1. The cover (metal) has RFI gasketing material along all edges that make contact with the
chassis.
2. Each module has copper gasketing all round it's edge to allow it to make good contact with the
adjacent module and/or the chassis.

If you're trying to cut out the noise (electrical) that the machine is letting out, I'd recommend
try to find some of the self adhesive copper gasket material and, if you're using a traditional PC
case, go all around the edges of it, so that where it is pressed against the chassis (usually the
back lip), there is gasket material all the way around. Also fit similar gasketing around each
card, and any blank card slots you may have.

If you're trying to cut out card to card noise, the you have a real task on your hands.

Either way search on google for things like RFI or EMI gaskets or shielding and see what products
you can find.

herbie

=====