Re: Apt for RPM question, blocking certain rpms

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 23:24, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> So isn't apt-rpm (http://apt4rpm.sf.net/) a totally separate project
> than the Conectiva port that we're all using (via freshrpms.net)?

No, not really.  Apt4rpm appears to be a set of add-ons and tools to
make apt-rpm easier to use.  On their requirements page, they
specifically list apt-rpm as a separate download, and they don't seem to
provide apt-rpm itself anywhere on their site.

To date, it's my understanding that there are three current apt forks:
apt-debian, apt-rpm, and apt-progeny.  The last of those will go away
soon, I hope, and the former two have already started to converge.
--
Jeff Licquia <jeff@licquia.org>