Re: Fedora Core == Linux?

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 13:07, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Good heavens, why?  :-)
> My Opteron (which is probably going to be dismanted temporarily in a
> couple of days, *sniff*) is happily running the FC1 test release for
> AMD64.  It looks pretty good to me, although video card troubles are
> slowing down my testing considerably.  It's a shame we don't have a
> meeting tomorrow...  I would have brought the thing up to show it to
> everyone.  Hopefully I'll have it re-assembled by the January meeting.

Yes, yes, I know about the "developer" tree under FC.  Several people I
know are running a-okay with it.  But I figured it wouldn't hurt to
shouve out the dough.  Again, even SuSE wants $129 for its x86-64
version.

> <plug>
> Oh, and if you need a vendor for that dual Opteron, please talk to me.
> </plug>

Definitely!  After dealing with the power and cooling issues of
self-assemble dual-Xeon and dual-Athlon MP systems over the last few
years, I'd like to find a vendor that sells a "skeleton kit"
dual-Opteron system (enclosure, power supply, mainboard, CPUs and
memory) -- all AMD certified.

> As it happens, I have a FC1 image for UML (and kernel & utils rpms) if
> you need it.

Damn sweet!  I've gotta get FC running.  I'm still running RHL 8 and 9
here at home -- and the "Fortune 20" company I work for (until 12/31)
... well, long story.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org  http://thebs.org
CCDP LPIC-2 MasCIWA MCSE2K+Sec RHCE9 SCNA8 SCSecA9 +20 more certs