Antec Sonata PC Case on Sale

Jay Truesdale writes:
> The Antec Sonata mid-tower PC case is advertised as being a "quieter
> than normal" PC case, and it looks good too. One major drawback is the
> price: $120 (note custom Antec power supply is included). I've seen it
> mail order for $90, but then there are shipping costs.
>
> I noticed that this case is on sale this week at Best Buy for $80 after
> rebates. The inventory function at the Best Buy web site is seriously
> broken as no units were reported as in stock in the entire St. Louis
> area. I made a couple of phone calls and found one - and had the store
> hold it for me.
>
> If you're in the market for a quiet PC case, I can recommend this one.
> If you're interested you can read the rest of my comments on this case
> here: http://www.archlug.org/kwiki/QuietCases

Note that KSPEI can probably get you this case locally for a reasonable price as
well.

And you don't have to deal with BB's "rebate" system. They sure do "lose" a lot
of US Mail, don't they? One would think their local Postmaster would also be
interested in why they have so much lost mail. Maybe you'll see your money by
Easter. Maybe not. Nor do you have to do business with a company that has abused
the DMCA takedown provisions two years in a row for posting lists of items and
prices (http://www.FatWallet.com/). Nor do you have to give any money to a
company who outsources their entire corporate IT to Microsoft. Choose your
vendors wisely - if you don't like what your vendor does with your money, give
it to a different one. And the same goes for your vote in November.

Mike/