Re: ip route load distribute

>> but I just don't like the idea of someone else "setting
>> up" my firewall, or using still another layer of abstraction.  Call it
>> arrogance, but I think my scripts work better
>
> Which is *exactly* why I suggested to install Shorewall, configure it to
> do what you need, and then inspect the iptables rules it creates under
> the hood when you're done. Then take those rules and optimize away.

That's what I figured, but I also don't have the requisite
couple-of-test-machines available to test with - so I'm "testing 'n
developing" on the live router (eeek).  Working for a realatively small
company has lots of perks, but the main drawback from the ol' sysadmin
team's eyes is that we can't afford to buy new spare machines, and we
haven't existed long enough to have accumulated much spare equipment -
that stuff usually gets recycled to support our growth. :)

I need to stick a VMWare license somewhere in my next round of software
update requests.  Seems like that'd get me close, at least...

--Danny