Problem with MX record

I've been having problems sending email to my folks email account.
about 90% of them bounce back.  Their normal account is at ocslink.com.
If they use the webmail thingy, the reply to address is at mail.ocslink.com.
Email bounces 90% of the time for mail from both addresses.  Depending
on who I talk to at ocslink.com (a5.net), they say both work, or only
use the ocslink.com (but don't seem to believe that there webmail puts
the mail.ocslink.com in the reply to field.  Anyway, my ISP says the
problem is that ocslink.com and mail.ocslink.com does not have an MX
record.  I checked at work, and mail.ocslink.com does not seem to have
an MX record, but ocslink.com and a5.com does (but I can't seem to send
email to them from work either).  They also have been bounced off several
mailing lists.  Ocasionally an email makes it though saying they've been
bounced off the lists.

How long does it take for MX records to propagate?  This has been going
on for over a month.  Does everyone else get an MX record for ocslink.com,
or is it just a few ISPs.

Mark