Re: Problem with MX record

Previously Danny Sauer (sauer@cloudmaster.com):

> The domains work for me (on my work DNS server), the mail.domain doesn't
> (but SMTP oughtta use the MX for the domain if the host has no MX,
> right?  Right.).

What I think what is happening is that ocslink.com
has an MX record, but if I connect to that address, it seems to
pretend to have a mail server but it doen't seem to work beyond
the initial response.  However if I telnet to ocslink.com, there
is an email server there, and it lets me send mail that makes
it through.  Now I just need to figure out how to convince them
that its their end that is broken. :{

Thanks for the help.
Mark