Re: the problem of spam

Erich Schroeder wrote:
> On a slightly different subject, but not too different.
>
> I know that we have a few people here who read mail from pop accounts
> from other ISPs. Has anyone seen or implemented a filter/checker for
> pop/imap traffic that is otherwise not passing through the servers they
> control?

I've not used them, but there are a couple listed on the SpamAssassin
"where" page:

PO3: http://mcd.perlmonk.org/pop3proxy/
IMAP: http://sourceforge.net/projects/imapassassin

I've had users download mail with fetchmail and deliver it through
procmail (which then pipes thorough spamc).  It might be just about as
easy to use, say, webmin/usermin to help them configure fetchmail as it
would be to set up a proxy...

--Danny