Re: the problem of spam

Hi Steve,

On  Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:24:22 -0600 UTC (2/29/2004, 11:24 AM -0600 UTC my time), Steven Pritchard wrote:

S> Don't get me wrong...  You know I'm a big fan of "use what works".  I
S> wouldn't want you to scrap everything and start over just because I
S> think the author of a program is a nut.  :-)  (Otherwise Gary would
S> have to dump all that djb stuff he keeps using.  ;)

hee, hee... very true.. I have always been on the "cutting edge." run, run.

S> If you are reworking things anyway though, I think there are some
S> clear advantages to the Postfix/amavisd-new/clamd combination when
S> taken as a whole.  For example:

All kidding aside, it is an excellent combo. If nothing else, just look at
the security history of Sendmail vs Postfix. That alone should send up
mental flags..

S>   * Maildir (scales up nicely for big mail folders and plays nicely

Maildir, another DJB invention.. <g> Big feature here is as you mention, but
also there is no locking, works quite nicely under NFS..

--
Gary

Dain bramaged.