Re: Another round of viruses - encrypted this time

Hi Mike808,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:05:57 GMT UTC (3/3/2004, 1:05 PM -0600 UTC my time),
mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

m> I heard about another spate of new viruses, several of which are hiding
m> themselves inside encrypted zip files.

interesting. Many virus scanners will open zip files and other attachments
and run the scanners over these as well before allowing them in the system.
Will be interesting to see if these are picked up.

m> Since in ordler to generate a new "signature", all they need to do is change the
m> password, this will be quite difficult to deal with if your policy requires you
m> to "let in" attachments.

m> For those that haven't seen them, they come through in a message like this:

>> Subject: Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

As long as the subject remains relatively the same, one could key/grep on
part of it to quarantine.

--
Gary

TEAMWORK...means never having to take all the blame yourself.