Re: Another round of viruses - encrypted this time

> My reading is that the data being transmitted consists primarily of
> human speech (it's weird that they threw "human" into the definition),

Yeah. As opposed to any other kind of "speech"? Like what? "Free" speech?

> In this particular case, though, the laws work in my favor so I'm
> alright with them. :)

Ah, situational morality. :=)

> --Danny, cranking out some Java this afternoon,

Take note. This could be a good deal, and save your employer some $$$ if you get
them to pay for it....

Mike/
Thou shalt not incur the wrath nor ire of the sysadmin,
for thou art chrunchy and tasteth good with ketchup....
Or was it ... they shall turn ye into a tiny Perl script.
I never can remember which.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The Gateway JUG (http://www.gatewayjug.org/) is auctioning off a full individual
pass to the NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Java Software Symposium coming up on March
19-21, 2004. The auction will end March 12, with payment due March 16 -- NO
EXCEPTIONS.

The starting bid represents a $500 savings off the walkup price and over a $200
savings over even the early bird Gateway JUG discount!

GatewayJUG members (and meeting guests), this is your "second chance" to
attend this awesome event if you aren't Darren Cruse, winner of this past
month's meeting door prize!

Managers, this is your chance to maximize those training dollars and reward one
lucky employee, who will return from the GJSS with their Java skills remarkably
enhanced!

Gateway Java Software Symposium Conference Pass
Homepage: http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/2004-03-stlouis/index.jsp
Item # : 3665002254
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3665002254

Please see the the GJSS home page (
http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/2004-03-stlouis/index.jsp ) for all of the
details on this amazing Java learning opportunity!

*** Technical Training Without the Fluff ***

The Gateway Jug wants to make it easier for you to get the Java technical
training and solutions offerings you need to succeed. The No Fluff, Just Stuff
symposiums offer intense exposure to new Java capabilities, including web
services, Open Source tools, XML, J2EE, and portal development. Learn from
industry experts and from each other, see real world case studies, and delve
into hands-on code examples. No marketing fluff will be found here. Find out
more about sessions, keynote addresses, networking opportunities, and lots more
stuff... at the GJSS home page (
http://www.nofluffjuststuff.com/2004-03-stlouis/index.jsp )

FEATURED SPEAKERS

    * Mike Clark, Co-author of Bitter EJB
    * David Geary, Author of Core JSTL and Core JavaServer Faces
    * Stuart Halloway, Author of Component Development for the Java Platform
    * Bruce Tate, Author of the bestseller Bitter Java and co-author Bitter EJB
    * Dave Thomas, Co-author of The Pragmatic Programmer

Don't miss your chance to attend more than forty education and solutions sessions:

    * Limited Attendance
    * In-depth Discussions
    * Peer Exchange
    * Access to Speakers
    * Expert Panel Discussions
    * Hands-on Code Examples
    * Best Practices
    * Insight on Cutting-Edge Tools

What: No Fluff, Just Stuff - Gateway Java Software Symposium
Where: St. Louis, MO
When: Friday March 19, 2004 through Sunday March 21, 2004

Symposium Location:

    * Marriott St. Louis West
    * 660 Maryville Centre Drive
    * St. Louis, MO 63141

If you have any questions prior to making a bid, visit the GJSS home page or ask
us! info@gatewayjug.org

IMPORTANT:
Payment must be received before Tuesday, March 16, 2004. NO EXCEPTIONS! No
refunds or cancellations due to the time-sensitive nature of this event. The
conference pass is transferable up to the start of the event. Contact us for any
questions. Winner responsible for all taxes, fees, transportation, lodging and
incidental costs associated with attending this event. Winner will pickup their
registration packet at the event.

Again, happy bidding!

The Gateway JUG http://www.gatewayjug.org/