XFree86 on Mandrake 10-beta resizing issue

I've been having a problem lately with the configuration Mandrake's
installer gives me for XFree86 in Xinerama mode. The first screen is okay
at 1024x768 (24bit) but the second screen refuses to do anything past
800x600 since a couple days ago. Nothing has been updated and there were
only a couple reboots (but reboots don't modify config files do they?).
The second screen worked fine before (this is the second time I've
installed a 10-beta series system and the second time this has happened).

I know the card is good as it works fine under FreeBSD 5.2.1 and Slackware
9.1 using the *same* configuration file. For kicks, the card on the second
monitor is actually newer than the other, being a GeForce 4 PCI over a
GeForce 2 PCI.

Any reason(s) this would happen? I can post my config if needed.

Brandon, with a single usable screen and a semi-sorta-useful very large
magnifying window.