Re: OT: No Fluff, Just Stuff (Java Conference)

mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Danny Sauer wrote:
>
>>> NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Java Software Symposium
>>
>> That's just about the most oxymoronic event title ever, isn't it? :)
>
> How so?

Java is one of the few technologies that actively competes for the title
of "most buzzword laden".  Don't get me wrong, I like the language
itself (for the most part), and the newer compilers are *way* better
than the first generations of "OMG this is slow" bytecode-makers - but
it's nearly impossible to visit java.sun.com without getting sick by the
proliferation of manager-speak.  "E-commerce your bean middleware for
the enterprise by leveraging Java(R)(TM) Technologies(C)!"

--Danny, actually thinking that the symposium might be a good deal (but
still making fun of Java's hype)