Re: Oracle DBD and 9i on Redhat

> so are you saying solaris had it right with the fifteen billion directories of
> symlinks and symlinks of symlinks? ;-)

All I'll say is you're telling me Oracle doesn't work on RH9/Fedora and I know
it's a no-brainer on Solaris. You draw your own conclusions from that. :=)

Would you think that someone, say, like me, could install a RH9 (or which Fedora
do you want? FC1 or FC2T2?) and then get the Oracle9i download and install that?

And you're trying to sell this story that you're trying to get Oracle ro run on
an unsupported platform, but "other forces" are *requiring* this environment?

Why not run it on RHEL or RH8 and be done with it as you deliver a supportable
solution? Maybe *that* is the value in the price you pay for choosing a
supported platform? What's the cost of your time (and no RHEL expense) vs the
savings of spending 10 seconds to pick RHEL and be done with it?

Mike/