Re: Oracle DBD and 9i on Redhat

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:26:35AM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> > so are you saying solaris had it right with the fifteen billion directories of
> > symlinks and symlinks of symlinks? ;-)
>
> All I'll say is you're telling me Oracle doesn't work on RH9/Fedora and I know
> it's a no-brainer on Solaris. You draw your own conclusions from that. :=)

hehe touche, you've got me on that one

> Would you think that someone, say, like me, could install a RH9 (or which Fedora
> do you want? FC1 or FC2T2?) and then get the Oracle9i download and install that?

sure go for it, it's lots of fun, really ;)

> And you're trying to sell this story that you're trying to get Oracle ro run on
> an unsupported platform, but "other forces" are *requiring* this environment?

i'm not trying to sell anything, i'm trying to buy the help a consultant and yes
if there where other options I would have already pursued them and moved on with life
but no i'm hear asking very nicely for help, but you can't help me because hmmm you
live a little to far south don't you.  So your just agitating really, yes?

> Why not run it on RHEL or RH8 and be done with it as you deliver a supportable
> solution? Maybe *that* is the value in the price you pay for choosing a
> supported platform? What's the cost of your time (and no RHEL expense) vs the
> savings of spending 10 seconds to pick RHEL and be done with it?

Maybe I didn't explain this clear enough for you: DUE TO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND
MY CONTROL WE WILL USE FEDORA OR RH9

you have no idea how much i would like to go with the easy answer and be done with
it, but alas i can't so if you can't come here and bill me to solve my problem
please stop

Bob T. Kat