Re: Averatec laptops

	I've got one. The 12.1" 3150. It's a nice laptop for the price ($900 a year or two ago), but the top is made of a material that easily picks up scratches, and the body seems "cheap." The internal wireless card (at least in mine) is supported only by the linux-wlan project, which I don't like, so I prefer to use an external wireless card for it. Also, the keyboard is poorly thought out. The backspace key (my favorite) is very tiny (about 1cm wide) and *not* at the edge of the keyboard. The ctrl key is similar by being nonadjacent to the edge in the lower left corner. The other major thing that I don't like about it is the battery life. I can get about 2.5-3 hours per charge, which doesn't compete at all with some of the newer laptops. I recall the 5xxx series advertised a five hour battery life, though.
	A friend of mine just purchased one of the convertible tablets. He seems pleased with it, but he also reported a ~3 hour battery life.

I suggest googling for some reviews.

Hope that helps,

Matt Sparks