Active Directory Cached Offline Credentials

Hi all,

My employer has given me a new laptop and in trying to integrate with
the Windows environment, I've set it up to log in using my domain
account.  The problem is when I'm on the road, I have to log in as a
local user and bring up my vpn tunnel before I can log into my main
profile.  Has anyone seen a way to mimic window's offline cached
credentials?  I know it can be done because our OS X laptops do it with
AdmitMAC.

Ben