[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Secure File Transfers
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Secure File Transfers
- From: Derek Agar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=A/6mOI/nUn8CLPq96ULrCr1IERwXHc+Rj3tWkWmzXuYhv+AQXYKlhSzEPMIKSqUvj1ZKlIRSJiPP7p3Lfx3LuVE3Ezh+u0jRK0JP7cpsSvgRjn0Ql4gXBpQYKJbDNbeCZIRkyArpmpWk3+qAXJCvsIZgbyXfPHhfZKLYl8m5qTo= ;
- In-Reply-To: <op.su7e5fugt76mei@localhost>
- Organization: Linux Users of Central Illinois
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
For linux based I would recommend MC (midnight
commander). It is on the Fedora Core cds (not
installed by default tho)
It is a nice tool for any kind of file maintenance.
(Not just secure file transfer)
I wonder if Konquerer can easily handle sftp?
--- Rich Mann <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 14:29 -0600, Tim McDonough
> >> In responding to my question regarding SSH
> attacks several have pointed
> >> out that old ftp is not the best way to transfer
> files these days.
> >> There seem to be several options and
> alternatives. We need something
> >> that has both Linux and Windows clients.
> > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:02:38 -0500, Bryan J. Smith
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > ...
> > Which is why I recommend Cygwin as a standard
> install on every Windows
> > image. MONAD was supposed to solve this with
> Longhorn, but it's now out
> > and will only be an unsupported add-on.
> > --Bryan J. Smith
> WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php) is free,
> easy to install and has a very friendly interface,
> and although it doesn't meet your criteria for
> running on both platforms (just Windows), I'd
> recommend taking a look.
> Myself working on a Linux workstation, command-line
> scp (or sftp) is what I tend to use.
> Rich Mann
> Illinois Century Network RTC7
> To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com
> "unsubscribe luci-discuss" in the body.
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe luci-discuss" in the body.