Linux Project for Katrina Victims

www.PublicWebStations.com

PublicWebStations is a Linux-based project we
started one week ago that is helping to provide
Internet access in disaster relief shelters.  The
website gives instructions for downloading versions
of Linux  that will run on easy-to-obtain used
computer equipment and provide internet access to
the hurricane victims and to aid workers.  There is
also a
volunteer discussion forum organizing help in many
geographical areas.

The project has been covered by CBS, Newsforge,
TechRepublic, arstechnica, ABCnews.com, Linux-Watch,
LinuxWorld Magazine, DigitalTippingPoint,
Technocrat.net, eWeek, Slashdot, MadPenguin,
InfoWorld, DesktopLinux, and LinuxDevices.com.

Tomorrow we are starting a website called
www.TechVolunteers.com to augment our efforts at
providing technical support to the relief and aid
shelters, which are now appearing all over the US as
storm victims are being bused nationwide.  We are
hoping that your publicizing both of these project
among your membership will increase participation and
awareness.  Please encourage them to forward
information by email through any other appropriate
channels.

www.PublicWebStations.com

www.TechVolunteers.com (starting late tomorrow)
Thank you so much,