Re: Blocking internet Access

Its tricky, but I imagine you can do something with IPTables.  Is the plant network on an individual or select group of subnets? If so, you could have a set of specific routes in the routing table, then do a static default route that goes to your loopback to blackhole any un-wanted outbound traffic.

--
Tim Grossner
tim at grossner.net

-------------------------
Original Message:
From: "Blunier, Mark" <Mark.Blunier@aventinerei.com>
To: luci-discuss@luci.org
Date: Tuesday, September 20 2005 17:03
Subject: Blocking internet Access
I will be installing a Debian box that will have two network
cards.  One network will be connected to a private network.
It will use a static IP.  The second network card will be
connected to the plant network.  It will use DHCP.  I need
to run Firefox to view a server on the private network.  I'd
like to be able to block firefox (and any other web browsers)
from accessing information on the internet through the plant
network.  This machine will be running a vncserver that PC's
on the plant network will access.  I'd prefer to do this by
setting something on the Linux box rather that having to have
IT make changes to their network configuration.

Mark Blunier