Airo 350 woes

So I just started with a new wireless ISP provider, and am back to using
an internal wireless card.

It's a PCI Aironet 350, I've tried it with the 2.6.7 kernel I was running
and then I tried it with a 2.6.13.2 kernel in Debian woody.

The problem is this:

The card is recognised, I can set it up using either iwconfig or the bcard
util from cisco (I had to run the acu on another machine as my gtkmm
wouldn't work on this machine, then copy the config file across).

The ISP provided me with a static WEP key, an SSID and a static IP. I can
bring up the interface, the card finds their tower and associates fine.
However I cannot get any data through the card. I can't even ping the
gateway.

Talking to the ISP, they say they can see the card OK, and the WEP key is
fine, but I don't have any IP associated with the card, so thats why I
can't go anywhere.

ifconfig shows the card having the right IP and route shows the right
gateway.

Anyone have any ideas? Remember I can't see the base station side of
things atall. The ISP uses MAC address of the card for authentication, so
it's not that, as it's the same card I keep moving back and forth between
the Windows 98 box (where it works) and the linux box (where it doesn't).

herbie (2 days into it, and losing reason)