Re: Airo 350 woes

I was using DTN up until a week ago, though it had been about a year since
I had the 350 card in my machine, I was using one of those sbc boxes they
have, suffice to say why I would steer clear of DTN from now until
evermore is the subject of a whole other post.

OK so I'm clear, I'm using debian, and am not using any GUI tools just the
command line stuff, because the latest Cisco ACU refuses to run for me, it
keeps coming up with an error, the joy of precompiled binaries.

I did get it to run on my other machine, and it installed the driver (2.6
kernel again) and came up as me being associated, showed my signal
strength etc. but still the same problem.

To Tim:

Yeah I know it sounds weird, it's weird to me too.

The ISP can see my card, it's MAC address, the fact I'm using the proper
WEP key. In that sense there is a connection between my card and the tower
(base station if you prefer). However they cannot see an IP associated
with my card.

On my end, I can see my card, see the tower, have an IP address associated
to that card (wifi0 in this case) yet am unable to ping anyone but myself,
pinging the broadcast just shows me and me alone, and I can't even ping
the gateway.

ICMP traffic is OK, I can do the same thing from windows, in it's limited
capability, I can ping the gateway everything is groovy.

herbie

# Subject: Re: Airo 350 woes
# From: Ricky Bryce <rickybryce@yahoo.com>
I'm running the Airo 350 for DTN.

It seems like I had a similar issue one time in SuSE.
All I had to do though was to delete the interface,
and re-install it with the proper settings.

With RedHat 7.3 I had an issue where the interface
would not work until I installed the ACU for Linux.
It was available on Cisco's site.  You can see if they
have one for the 2.6 kernel another possible option to
try.

Ricky