Re: Job searching?

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 13:15 -0600, Danny Sauer wrote:
> You know, I've been considering an IEEE membership for a while, maybe
> I should look into that again.  I hadn't looked at it since a year or
> so ago when I tried to convince my employer that the developers (and
> sysadmin) should get memberships for training purposes.  I think the
> training money instead went to keeping the company afloat for another
> month or so...

I've been paying my own membership since 1994 (when I first qualified --
you had to be at least an upperclassmen in an ABET accredited EE-related
program back then).  It's well worth it.

I've been using my IEEE e-mail alias since, almost always carried their
term life insurance on myself and, later, my wife -- and their medical
coverage was a Godsend when I needed it starting in 1997 when I was
consulting.

I've carried it on and off ever since as needed.  Yes, 100%, post-tax --
but it's a group rate at a significant volume (3,000-10,000
participants).  If you're self-employed, you can write it off, depending
on your profit.

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com