Re: Open Source document merging? -- with DOC? Did you miss the

OK, I'll try this again.

I work for a non-profit organization that requires various other
organizations from around the state to download documents from our web site,
fill them out, and then submit them back to us electronically for funding
purposes.

One of the documents that sites fill out every quarter is for any changes in
their programming or fiscal information. The document is fifteen pages but
not every page is needed every quarter.

I would like to set up something on our web page that allows the sites to
select only the pages they need and then have the completed document created
for them from only those pages. Currently all the forms are created in Word
because that's how they've been for the past eight years. Since this is the
first year I've been with the organization I'm working with the tools I have
available to me and looking for alternatives that will do what I want.

I don't care what format the documents start out in as long as the finished
document is locked, password protected, has form fields for user data and
can then be viewed by State of Illinois employees and is acceptable
according to specifications laid down by the State of Illinois for publicly
funded non-profit organizations for electronically maintained documents.

Is there anything that can do this?