[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
good OSS fierwall?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: good OSS fierwall?
- From: Derek Agar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:35:20 -0800 (PST)
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=WW9VIS3xHzAv8QztXXqBvxzGs2iVUTXw5082r38G2x/VkcAmGG/Caa1UKopCOGJ7K9DMxWI6XnW5iG146p7rmyNyEOsA7Y4Y9d47liUFevc+QUfouMLXqwCqpQ6HGzbMbFossAFWTgutPKX7GTCSFCZh1H26jqTc5Lx+l9JttKo=;
- Organization: Linux Users of Central Illinois
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I currently have an Edgeforce firewall from ServGate.
The company defaulted on their loan and the bank took
over. It was a great firewall appliance for the
price. I have yearly subscriptions for Macafee AV,
spam filtering and web filtering and intrusion
detection. It was a good price for the services 2
years ago when I got it.
Anyway, the VP is on me about $ this year and I don't
even want to bring this up to him. What good OSS
firewall suites do any of you recommend? I would
prefer to be able to do AV, spam and web filtering.
I am leary of going with a closed source firewall
suite or appliance from a small company and the big
name boys will be up around 10K+
Thoughts or ideas?
Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe luci-discuss" in the body.