Re: Creating files/directories with numeric names

Erich Schroeder wrote:
> Suddenly on an old FC2 machine and a fedora7 machine I can no longer
> create a file or directory that has a numeric name.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'd start by booting a live CD on the box
and try it there.  And if it worked, I'd start looking for setuid
binaries, hidden directories in odd places, unpackaged kernel modules,
etc., as well as a full audit of the boot process on the box.

Also check your bash macros.