Re: CentOS 5 or Ubuntu 6.06 for remote desktop?

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 06:52:51AM -0800, Derek Agar wrote:
> I have a remote user in Lafayette that I am going to
> visit Thursday.  His computer is at fedora 5.  I am
> wondering what would be a better way to go either to
> move him to centos 5.1 or Ubuntu 6.06?

Upgrading an older Fedora to CentOS is fairly painless.  You *might*
just be able to do the upgrade from the CD/DVD.  If not, remove the
fedora-release package ("rpm -e fedora-release --nodeps") and replace it
with the centos-release package first, then try the upgrade from CD/DVD.
(I've done it before with yum.)

With the EPEL repo (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL) getting closer
to being complete, running CentOS 5 + EPEL 5 isn't much different than
running Fedora Core/Extras 6.

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.