Re: Electronics Projects and PC Interfacing

Way, way back in the day I was using a Darlington Transistor Array to
buffer/amplify the signals on a parallel I/O on the old BBC Micro they
used in schools in the UK, part of a class project I was assisting in.

My other thought is to look at the Linux Car MP3 player. CAJUN.

http://cajun.sourceforge.net/

as it has LCD drivers as part of it's code, but it's using a serial
driveable LCD not just some random calculator display, but it may help.

h.