Re: unixODBC failover

If it automatically retries at the app level then it could be as easy as a cname with multiple entries. If not, then I think you're sick using some kind of proxy in between; nothing I'm aware of at the mysql protocol level does the retry thing for you. Ideally the backend for the odbc layer can? :)

--Danny

Herbie <technowombat@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm playing with an app that uses the unixODBC layer to communicate with a
mySQL database. I'm trying to figure if there's an easy way I can make it
failover to a backup database if the first one is unavailable. In an
ldap.conf it's as easy as adding an extra server on the host line.

h.