systemd-journal

Anyone played much with this?

It's wrapping rsyslog on CentOS7 and I'm wondering if I can get it to do
smarter limiting.

We use an external syslogger system, and splunk, but we also keep local
logs. In rsyslog you can turn off rate limiting which means in times of
high load (usually when /var is being written to by mail) it forces itself
to write logs as well and bogs things down.

Our current, less than stellar, solution is to have it only write to a
pipe locally, ideally I'd like it to limit logs to local disk, but NOT
limit logs to the external logger, and have the best of both worlds.

h.